Able Plus Stairlifts always make client care our number one priority.
Some key points to consider when buying a stairlift are outlined below:
- Is the company you are dealing with insured? Able Plus have public liability insurance up to €6.5 million.
- Is the company you are dealing with an established company? Able Plus have been in business since 2006. We deal with all of the local councils in Ireland, the HSE and other public bodies.
- You may be entitled to a grant – call your local authority to see you if are eligible. You will most likely be unable to obtain a stairlift grant if you have a stairlift fitted already.
- Able Plus provide comprehensive 24/7/365 aftercare – you can WhatsApp or call us on 087-8079993. In case of emergencies, we promise to be with you within 24 hours of you contacting us.
- We want to make sure that you have no problems with your stairlift- but much like a car a stairlift does need maintenance. Best practice is to get a stairlift serviced once a year to help to prevent problems.
- All new stairlifts sold in the EU must meet the highest standards in safety and workmanship. This means you can rest assured knowing that your new stairlift is safe, easy to use and designed to the same safety standards you expect from a new car.
- Able Plus engineers are fully trained by Handicare Stairlifts, Acorn Stairlifts, Thyssen Krupp Stairlifts and Bison Stairlifts.
- We are always on the end of the phone if you have any questions about your stairlift – we provide free, ongoing telephone support to all of our clients, for the lifetime of their stairlift.
- A well maintained stairlift that is regularly serviced should last ten to twelve years. Able Plus will be with you every step of the way.