If you have a stairlift you no longer need you maybe wondering what to do.
You have a number of options to choose from but usually – the older the stairlift the less value it has.
Essentially a stairlift’s resale value depends on its age and how well it has been maintained – much like a car.
This means you may either sell an old stairlift privately, to a company or scrap it. Again much like a secondhand car.
Moving a straight stairlift:
- If the stairlift is fairly new and is a straight stairlift fitting it to a similar straight stairs is the most feasible option. In this instance a new rail can be easily cut to suit the new staircase. Able Plus Stairlifts offer this service for a reasonable fee.
- Where the stairlift is an older model this is often less feasible as stairlifts suffer wear and tear if not serviced and maintained properly. We are happy to advise on this with no obligation.
- If the stairlift is older than 10 years there is far less chance that it may be serviceable enough to move. In this case it is important to use qualified tradesmen or stairlift specialists to remove the lift.
Moving a curved stairlift:
- Moving a curved stairlift to a new stairs is much more expensive than moving a straight stairlift.
- A new custom rail must be built to suit the new stairs in order to move a curved stairlift.
- A curved stairlift that is moved to a new location and uses an old curved rail built for another location will not be insured.
If you want to sell your old stairlift privately Able Plus can help you to move it. Please contact us on 01-8245763, 08708079993 (Kevin Delaney) or email email@example.com before you make arrangements if you would like Able Plus to move a stairlift for you.
Able Plus stairlifts also buyback some used stairlifts, dependent on model and age.
We highly recommend that you speak to a stairlift company about moving a used stairlift and do not undertake this yourself. An amateur attempting to refit a used stairlift may cause an accident with serious consequences and reputable stairlift manufacturers only work with stairlift specialists that they have trained to the highest standards on their machines.
Able Plus staff have undergone training with most of the manufacturers supplying stairlifts to the Irish market.