Top Ten Stairlift Safety Tips
Stairlifts are very safe to use. They are a well-developed technology that’s been around for over a hundred years!
Nonetheless there are a few things to keep in mind when using a stairlift. The tips below will keep you and your household safe when you get your new lift installed.
Always be sure to read the manual carefully.
- Always wear the seatbelt, and ensure it is fastened securely at all times during operation.
- Do not transport food, animals, laundry, or any other items. Do not use the stairlift for anything other than its intended use.
- Do not allow children to play with the stairlift. Use by children should always be supervised.
- The stairlift is designed to carry one person at a time. Never attempt to carry more than one person.
- Ensure other members of your household or visitors are aware that the stairlift is installed. Make them aware of any potential trip hazards (rail, hinge, footplate).
- Ensure that household pets are out of harm’s way before using the stairlift.
- Ensure that the stairway is not being used by others and is clear of articles or obstructions before using the stairlift.
- At the top of the stairs, always ensure the seat is rotated and locked in at a 450 or 900 angle when mounting and dismounting.
- To avoid injury do not make contact with moving parts.
- Maintain your stairlift by having it serviced annually to keep it in optimum condition.
We are always available to answer any questions about your stairlift. Call or WhatsApp 085-2056002 24/7/365.