The 1000 XXL is the latest addition to Handicare’s comprehensive range of straight stairlifts: by increasing the size of our range we are able to serve a wider range of our clients than ever before. The 1000 range continues to be a favourite for many, thanks not only to its superb seating system but also to its super slimline anodised hidden rack track that maximises clear space on the stairs.
‘When Extra Workload Is Needed’
In addition to the features and benefits which are known from the 1000 Series the XXL offers you the following extra benefits:
- An additional 40 kg. meaning you can confidently accommodate users up to 200 kg.
- The safe working load of 200 kg. is currently the highest available in the market.
- Central swivel – improved centre of gravity.
- Double arm spacers – increases the width between the arms of the Smart Seat from 550mm to 637mm.
- XXL velcro belt – this extra extra long black belt has velcro on either end to hold it firmly in place (1100 mm. longer than the standard velcro belt).
- Extended seat base as standard – extends the Smart Seat depth from 360 mm. to 425 mm.
- Powered swivel as standard – this makes turning the stairlift seat to get in and out on the landing as easy as possible.
The seat for the 1000 XXL
The seat of the 1000 XXL is supplied with wipe clean, flame retardant upholstery in a choice of six colours. You can even replace upholstery later should you wish to change your colour scheme.
For the 1000 XXL an extended seat base is available which extends the seat base to 425 mm.
A powered swivel makes turning the stairlift seat to get in and out of the landing easier.
The 1000 XXL offers the choice of manual or powered folding footplate and swivel options.
All stairlifts have safety sensors on the power pack and footplate: these are designed to stop the lift if it meets any obstruction. Once stopped it can only be moved in the opposite direction of the obstruction.
We also supply our stairlifts with an easily accessible key switch that allows you to disable the lift and prevent unauthorised use so you do not need to worry about unsupervised children playing with your stairlift.