Key Points to Consider When Buying a Stairlift
If you’re planning to purchase a stairlift, it’s crucial to keep certain factors in mind to avoid unnecessary costs and delays. By considering these key points, you can ensure a smooth and efficient stairlift buying process. Take note of the following:
- Carpet Installation: If you’re planning to install new carpet on your stairs, it’s recommended to do so before the stairlift installation. This prevents the need for additional costs associated with removing and reinstalling the stairlift.
- Stairlift Grants: Explore the possibility of obtaining grants for stairlifts. Check our grant page for detailed information and eligibility criteria.
- Selling Second-Hand: When selling a used stairlift, be aware that the value typically depreciates by at least 50% of its original price. The value continues to decrease over time.
- Reliability and Service: Choose a reputable company that upholds their agreements and provides reliable service for long-lasting stairlift performance.
- Professional Maintenance: Attempting to repair, service, or modify the stairlift on your own can void the warranty. Always rely on professional assistance for maintenance and modifications.
- Continuous Power: Stairlifts should remain plugged in at all times, even during vacations or periods of non-use.
- Battery Considerations: Neglecting to plug in the stairlift can drain the battery and necessitate replacement.
- Curved Stairlifts: Custom-made curved stairlift rails require manufacturing time. Typically, a non-refundable deposit is required for the rail.
- Grant Applications: In most cases, stairlift grants cannot be applied for once a stairlift has been installed.
- Reconditioned Stairlifts: Reputable companies offer value in reconditioned stairlifts, while buying from private individuals carries risks and lacks warranty coverage. Ensure the company is fully insured and employs trained technicians.
Keeping these key points in mind will help you make an informed decision when purchasing a new or pre-owned stairlift.